We are a family farm in Bloomfield Connecticut. Kassie, Zoe, Charlotte, Kingston and Daniel Duesing enjoy the peace of the outdoors and getting our hands in the dirt. We are committed to organic farming.
Starting in April 2020, we began leasing the Hawk Hill Farm from the Wintonbury Land Trust. We are pursuing both organic and regenerative farm certification. We have created a multi-year farming plan to include meat and laying chickens, turkeys, a large garden, goats and cows.
- We will be continuing to sell pullets (female egg laying chicks). See details on our home page and Chick FAQ.
- Continue the sale of fresh free range eggs - see details in eggs tab
- Raised chickens for meat
-Pastured beef will be available in November
- Grow and sell fresh flowers and vegetables
- Limited thanksgiving turkeys will be available
- Continuing our work with local charities to donate food to families in need.
- We raised and sold out of 2 batches of 123 and 230 pastured meat chickens.
- Continued egg sales
- Continued the sale of Pullets and laying hens
- Sold pasture raised goat meat
- We continued to work with La Bodeguita de la Gente to donate food to families in need.
The start of The 4 Five Farm 2020:
- Sold 250+ broiler chickens
- Reared and harvested limited goat meat
- Raised and sold 56 Thanksgiving turkeys.
- Started sales of organic eggs and pullets.
- We were grateful to be able to donate 30 chickens and 20 turkeys to families in our area through the assistance of several local charities (check out our blog for details).